Benefits of Membership
Membership in ARLIS/NA Ontario has many benefits, including access to Chapter events, news, and travel awards, voting rights, and more.
Members of ARLIS/NA receive the Society’s professional publication Art Documentation (published 5 times a year), and have access to reviews of recent art publications, relevant Occasional Papers and conference abstracts. Full members participate in knowledge sharing through committees and sections, networking and conference opportunities, and communication with colleagues on ARLIS-L, the organization’s list serve. The Society also offers career resources, with job postings and a roster of internship possibilities.
Members of ARLIS/NA Ontario have voting rights and may run for office, apply for travel grants and generally participate in the life of the chapter. Those who wish to participate fully in chapter business meetings — in particular, voting and holding office — must be ARLIS/NA members. Chapter membership supports our educational and social activities and encourages colleagues to participate and represent us at the national and international level.
Associates are not considered members and therefore do not have the rights of membership as stated above. Associates, however, are valued for their participation in all Chapter events such as arranging local tours or helping with our annual mid-winter fundraiser. It is hoped that Associates will ultimately see the value and expansion that full membership can bring to their professional life, in terms of networking and education, and choose to join ARLIS/NA.
Guests are those visitors who may be attending a meeting or function on a onetime basis.
- Individual Members $15.00 (USD) + ARLIS/NA Individual Membership $112.50 (USD)
- Introductory Members $15.00 (USD) + ARLIS/NA Introductory (2 year limit) Membership $75.00 (USD)
- Student Members $10.00 (CAD) + ARLIS/NA Student (3 year limit) Membership $37.50 (USD)
- Retiree Members $10.00 (CAD) + ARLIS/NA Retiree Membership $56.25 (USD)
- Associates (non-ARLIS/NA members) $25.00 (CAD)
- Guests (pay the cost of the meeting)
Membership is for the calendar year (January 1st to December 31st).
Students may join in September of any year, and enjoy membership until December 31st of the following year.
How to join
- Individual and Introductory memberships must be purchased via the ARLIS/NA website, which bundles the fees into a single payment
- Student and Retiree memberships: please submit payments:
- ARLIS/NA portion is paid through their website
- Ontario chapter portion using our ARLIS/NA Ontario Chapter Membership Form 2021
- Associate memberships: please use our Membership Form:
- Download the ARLIS/NA Ontario Chapter Membership Form 2021
Please direct membership inquiries and completed membership forms to our Treasurer and Chapter Membership Secretary, Max Dionisio:
treasurer.arlisna.ontario [at] gmail [dot] com