Join UofT Student Groups for ARLIS/NA Ontario and the Special Libraries Association-Toronto on a tour of the Art Gallery of Ontario’s E.P. Taylor Library & Archives! See art librarianship in action with this behind-the-scenes glimpse at one of Canada’s top art galleries.
Tour to take place on Tuesday February 19 at noon, with lunch to follow at the Village Idiot Pub.
Free for students, and $10 donations encouraged for professionals.
Email ARLIS Student Leader Michelle Johnson (shell.johnson @ mail.utoronto.ca) for more information and to sign up
Event Info: https://www.facebook.com/events/671231446625710/
Planning to travel to the 2019 ARLIS/NA Conference in Salt Lake City (March 26-30, 2019)? The Ontario Chapter is offering our annual travel award, this year in the amount of $1000 CAD. Visit the Travel Award page for details.
Registration is now open for our 2018 Fall Business Meeting at
Sheridan College’s Hazel Mcallion Campus in Mississauga!
- Date: Friday November 30, 2018 (10am-3:30pm)
- Location: B523 Boardroom at 4180 Duke of York Blvd, Mississauga, ON L5B 0G5
- Directions: Sheridan College’s Hazel McCallion Campus
- Cost: $20 for regular members, $10 for students
We invite you to pre-pay using the Paypal button below.
10am-12pm: ARLIS/NA Ontario Business meeting (B523 Boardroom)
- To add an item to the Meeting Agenda, please contact arlisna.ontario @ gmail.com
- If you wish to attend the meeting remotely, please contact arlisna.ontario @ gmail.com
12pm-1:30pm: Lunch (optional)
1:30-3:30pm: Library & Gallery Tour
Nominations for 2019 Chapter Officers:
We are seeking nominations for the following Executive positions.
- Chair: Kate Johnson
- Student Representative: Michelle Johnson
- Vice Chair
Questions? please contact arlisna.ontario @ gmail.com
It’s that time again! The ARLIS/NA Ontario Fall 2018 Business Meeting will take place Friday, November 30th.
This season’s meeting with take place at Sheridan College’s Hazel McCallion Campus in Mississauga.
The agenda will include a visit to the HMC Library Services, including the Material ConneXion Library, a special collection featuring leading-edge material samples sourced world-wide by Material ConneXion, a global leader in material innovation and sustainability.
More details & registration to follow. In the meantime, check out the Facebook Event.
Hope to see you there!
The 47th Annual Conference of the Art Libraries Society of North America is taking place in Salt Lake City, Utah from March 26 – 30, 2019.
This year’s theme is Arts: In/Site • Insight • Incite • In Sight with the goal to inspire learning and creating through thoughtf-provoking sessions, useful workshops, inspiring exhibits, and fun social gatherings,
Registration information (early bird registration available until Feb. 22, 2019)
We’re thrilled to welcome you to our new website! This site has added functionality that will allow us to stay more up-to-date with our Chapter goings-on. Stay tuned for updates on Chapter activities and upcoming events.
We’re now accepting applications for our 2017 ARLIS/NA Ontario Travel award. The award provides funding to attend “Out of Bounds“, the annual ARLIS/NA conference in New York City, February 25 – March 1, 2018. This year’s award will be $750 CDN.
The deadline for application is December 15, 2017.
All are welcome to apply. Students, new professionals, and ARLIS/NA Ontario members are strongly encouraged.
For application details and eligibility, please visit our travel award page or email us at email@example.com.
Best of luck to all who apply!
Registration is now open for our 2017 Fall Business Meeting in Hamilton! This season’s meeting will take place Friday, November 10, beginning at the Hamilton Public Library. The day will include a tour, lunch and stroll through Hamilton’s many art galleries. Itinerary is as follows:
- 10:30am-12pm: Fall Business Meeting at 5th Floor Boardroom of central branch of Hamilton Public Library
- 12-1:30pm: Group lunch at the George Hamilton Restaurant and Bar (not included in registration cost)
- 1:30-3pm: Tour of HPL Art Collection and Archives, and talk with Community Librarian about Arts Programming
- 3-5-ishpm: Tour of James Street North small businesses, art galleries, and artist run centres
- 6-11pm: For anyone wanting to take in a bit more of what Hamilton has to offer, the meeting will coincide with the James Street Art Crawl!
*A carpool van from a central location in Toronto may be available if there is sufficient interest.
Look forward to seeing you all there!
It’s that time again! Our Fall 2017 Business Meeting will take place Friday, November 10. This season’s meeting with take place in Hamilton, ON. The agenda will include a visit to the Hamilton Public Library, as well as a stroll through James Street art galleries, coinciding with the James Street North Art Crawl.
More details to follow. Hope to see you there!
Registration is now open for our 2017 Spring Business Meeting. This season’s meeting will take place on Thursday, June 15th at Ryerson University. The day will include:
- Our formal Business Meeting at the Student Learning Centre
- Group Lunch (not included in registration cost)
- A tour of Ryerson’s Digital Media Experience Lab, New Archives & Special Collections, Collaboratory Space and the Student Learning Centre
- And an (optional) tour of the Ryerson Image Centre
We hope to see you there!