We are currently recruiting our brand new ARLIS/NA-ON Mentoring Program!
Want to hone your professional leadership skills, share your professional knowledge and experience, stimulate fresh perspectives in new and upcoming professionals, and contribute back to the profession? Consider being a mentor for Ontario’s Chapter of ARLIS/NA!
This pilot project is an excellent opportunity for you to share your experiences, knowledge, and advice with graduate students and new professionals!
What qualifies you as a mentor?
- You are a library professional with at least three years of experience
- You can offer advice and guidance to someone who is entering or is new to the profession
- You have significant experience in the library field or an area related to it
Mentoring gives you the opportunity to:
- Develop your leadership skills
- Share your professional knowledge with new graduates
- Advise new professionals on how to acclimatize to the profession and what to expect
- Inspire and encourage new perspectives in others
- Extending your professional networks as well as those of others
- Contribute back to the profession
Role of the Mentor
- Decide on the regularity, frequency, and method of contact with your mentee (face-to-face, phone, email, etc)
- Provide guidance, advice and feedback to the mentee on topics related to the profession
- Introduce the mentee to professional networks
- Help them explore career development opportunities
- Refer the mentee to others who might be able to assist with additional queries
Interested? Please apply to be a ARLIS/NA-ON Mentor!