For those traveling from the Greater Toronto Area, the best way to commute to London, Ontario, is via the 401. It is about 2 hours’ drive from Toronto and about 20 minutes after you see the Ingersoll exit.
There are several exits for London but the best and easiest one is the Wellington Road turnoff (first there is the Veterans Memorial Parkway turnoff, then there is the Highbury Ave. turnoff, and then Wellington Rd.)
Continue north on Wellington Road all the way to the downtown area (about 7 kms, 15 or so minutes) until you come to a train underpass after which you are at York St. (runs east/west at right angles to Wellington Rd.). The next cross street is King but it is one way running west to east, the following cross street is Dundas where the London PublicLibrary is located in Citiplaza (251 Dundas St.).
There is parking under Citiplaza — but you want to park under the north part of the plaza (2 entrances only –enter off of King St. or Wellington St. north of King St.) for a $10 flat rate for the day. Please visit the following link for more information: http://citiplazalondon.com/cus-dir.cfm
The Business Meeting will be held in “Stevenson and Hunt Meeting Room A” which is across the interior passageway from the main Library entrance.
A rough itinerary of the day’s events is as follows:
- 10:15 – 11:30 am: Business Meeting at the London Public Library (refreshments served at 10 am)
- 11:30 – 12:15 pm: Tour of the London Room with the London Room Librarian
- 12:30 – 1:00 pm: Tour of the Jonathon Bancroft-Snell Ceramic Gallery
- 1:15 – 2:30 pm: Lunch at the River Room, Museum London
- 2:30 – 3:30 pm: Tour of Museum London