The Fall meeting of ARLIS Ontario will take place in Ottawa on Friday November 12 and Saturday November 13 at Carleton University.
This will be a joint meeting of the ARLIS Ontario chapter and the ARLIS Montreal/Ottawa/Quebec (MOQ) Chapter.
Meeting cost: $25 to ARLIS Ontario Members, $10 for students.
Meeting room at Carleton: MacOdrum Library, Room 102. (Directions: The room is in the basement of the library. If you enter through the front doors walk through the lobby to the double doors and proceed down the stairs. The room is slightly to the right at the bottom of the stairs.)
Parking at Carleton: There is not close free parking to campus. The lot that is closest to the library is lot 1 but it has a 4 hour limit and is rather expensive. The far lot is the best rate and no time limit for the day and is P6 (on the campus map) just as you come off Bronson turn right.
Friday – Start Time: 1:30 at Carleton University for ARLIS Ontario
- 10:30 – 12 – ARLIS MOQ Business Meeting
Join us prior to 12:15 at the Baker’s Grille for their buffet lunch (cost $15 plus drink and gratuity)
- 1:30 – Patti Harper – Archivist, Archives and Research Collection, Carelton University – will give a 40 minute presentation on the archives collection at the Carleton archives.
- 2:45 – Dr. Norman Vorano – Curator of Contemporary Inuit Art, Canadian Museum of Civilization – will give a presentation on the recent acquisition of Inuit prints by the Museum.
7:30 pm – dinner at Courtyard (in the Byward Market area)
Saturday – Start time 10:30 at Carleton University
- 9 – 10:30 – 2012 Conference Planners meeting
- 10:30 – 12 – ARLIS Ontario Business Meeting
- 2 pm (Sharp) Tour of the Library of the National Gallery of Canada (Including the show Constellation and Correspondences: Networking Between Artists 1970-1980)
We have booked a block of rooms at the Delta Ottawa Hotel and Suites – 361 Queen Street, Ottawa, Ontario, K1R 7S9
(613) 238-6000. Please quote GKARLIS as your Reservation code. These rooms will be available until October 28, 2010.
RSVP by October 25, 2010 to arlisna.on at gmail.com
If you are interested in car pooling or sharing a room please contact Tammy Moorse (tmoorse at gmail . com). We are looking for more drivers and those who might want to share a room with another member.